Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
Campground booking required
You may not travel to or stay at a campground without a booking.
Set up camp near the lower Snowy River at Willis campground. It’s a great stop along Lower Snowy Drive (Barry Way) in southern Kosciuszko National Park, near the Victorian border.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Willis picnic area is the last stop on Lower Snowy drive before it crosses the state border, and offers a scenic lunch spot with tables and fire rings.
Lower Snowy drive is a sprawling road trip that takes travellers past picnic spots, swimming holes, campgrounds and lookouts in the Snowy River valley.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass