Applies from Mon 20 Jan 2020, 6.00pm. Last reviewed: Wed 21 Oct 2020, 2.15pm.
Closed areas: Most of Morton National Park closed
Most of Morton National Park remains closed due to bushfire damage and to protect the safety of our visitors.
However, the following areas are now open:
- North of the Shoalhaven River, including Kangaroo Valley, the following walks and lookouts are accessible:
- Badgerys Spur walking track
- Long Point walking track
- Bonnie View and Beauchamps lookouts
- Erith coalmine loop walk
- Lovers walking track
- Mount Carnorvon walking track
- East and West Rim tracks
- Manning lookout
- Kangaroo River walking track
- Three views walking track
- South of the Shoalhaven River to Braidwood Road, including the Ettrema Wilderness area. The following walks, trails and lookouts are accessible:
- Ettrema Wilderness walks starting from Tolwong Road
- Ettrema Wilderness walks starting from Sassafras
- Ettrema Wilderness walks starting from Yalwal
- Old Burrier fire trail
- South of Braidwood Road, including the Budawang Wilderness Area. The following walking routes and lookouts are accessible:
- Mount Bushwalker (temporary opening, please re-check this alert before setting out for the park)
- Rusden Head
- Florence Head
- Pointer Gap lookout. Toilet is non-operational.
- Porters Creek Dam
- The Castle. Toilet is non-operational at Cooyoyo campground. Please bury waste per Budawangs walking and camping strategy.
- Wog Wog
- Scenic Rim. Toilet is non-operational at Burrumbeet Brook campground. Please bury waste per Budawangs walking and camping strategy
- Monolith Valley
- Mount Tarn
- Styles Creek
Most of Morton National Park has been bushfire-affected. Caution should be taken as risks may still be present.
Do not enter the closed areas of this park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).