Shelley Head campground
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Shelley Head campground.
Getting there and parking
Shelley Head campground is within Yuraygir National Park. To get there via Lake Arragan campground:
- Take Pacific Highway north from Grafton for about 35km
- Continue for about 18km and then follow signs for Lake Arragan or Red Cliff campgrounds
- Shelley Head campground is a 7km walk north from Lake Arragan
- Unsealed roads
- No vehicle access
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.