Sculptures in the Scrub picnic area and campground
Pilliga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Sculptures in the Scrub picnic area and campground.
Getting there and parking
Sculpture in the Scrub campground is in Timmallallie National Park. To get there from Barradine:
- Follow Sculpture signage when leaving Baradine
- Drive along Indians Lane for approximately 9.5km
- Turn right at the T junction onto No 1 Break Road and drive for about 13km
- Turn right onto Top Crossing Road and drive for approximately 11km
- Turn left into Dandry Gorge Road and drive for 1km, following the signs to Sculpture in the Scrub campground.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Sculpture in the Scrub walking track can become impassable in heavy rain.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Sculptures in the Scrub picnic area and campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
You may experience a great range of temperatures on any day in the park. In summer it's generally hot in the daytime and temperatures often exceed 40C. In winter nights can be very cold, but you can enjoy clear sunny days. Rainfall is also highly variable, ranging from drought to prolonged wet periods, with the average annual rainfall around 600mm. Creeks may quickly become impassable after heavy rain.
15°C and 35°C
2°C and 21°C
June to September
Untreated rainwater is available at this picnic area, however it is advisable to boil it before drinking.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access the picnic area.
- The toilet is wheelchair accessible
- The walking track is not wheelchair accessible