Nine Mile campground
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
Nine Mile campground is a remote campground in southern Kosciuszko National Park. It’s a good stop for mountain bike riders and hikers tackling the Pilot Wilderness ride from Dead Horse Gap to Barry Way.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Pilot Wilderness mountain bike ride (Alpine Way to Barry Way)
Pilot Wilderness mountain bike ride in Kosciuszko National Park is a challenging, long-distance mountain bike trail that is suited to experienced mountain bike riders.
Pinch River – Moyangul campground
Pinch River – Moyangul campground in Kosciuszko National Park is a great place for camping if you want to enjoy bushwalking, mountain biking, birdwatching, swimming or fishing.
Lower Snowy drive (Barry Way)
Lower Snowy drive is a sprawling road trip that takes travellers past picnic spots, swimming holes, campgrounds and lookouts in the Snowy River valley.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass
Things to do (84)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Adventure sports (5)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (16)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (6)
- Historic heritage (8)
- Horse riding (2)
- Other experiences (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (13)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (17)
- Snow sports (25)
- Swimming (1)
- Visitor centres (4)
- Walking (32)
- Waterfalls (3)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (12)