Homestead Creek campground
Mutawintji National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Homestead Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Homestead Creek campground is a few kilometres from the park entry. Upon entering the park, you'll pass the visitor centre, take the left and you'll see the campground on your right - you might like to stop in at the visitor centre for a map.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Homestead Creek campground is unsealed.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Homestead Creek campground
Best times to visit
Mutawintji National Park is best visited during autumn, winter and spring when daytime weather is pleasant. Summer in the outback can be very hot.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
30°C and 35°C
17°C and 31°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- There are fireplaces but it’s also a good idea to bring a gas or fuel stove.
- Please take your rubbish home with you as limited bins are provided
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- The campsites here are on a flat, rough area
- The amenities block is wheelchair accessible
- in Mutawintji National Park in the Outback NSW region
Mutawintji National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Mutawintji Visitor Centre
51 Old Coach Road, Mutawintji, NSW 2880
- Mutawintji Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service).