Selwyn area in Kosciuszko National Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Denison campground is conveniently located off Snowy Mountains Highway in Kosciuszko National Park, near Adaminaby. It’s a great base for summer fishing at Eucumbene Dam.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Snowy Mountains Highway
Snowy Mountains Highway is a scenic driving route between Tumut and Cooma, taking in caves, campgrounds, ski fields, trails for hiking, biking and horse riding in northern Kosciuszko National Park.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the Selwyn area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Selwyn area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kings Cross Road and the Khancoban-Cabramurra Road are closed in winter (June to October long weekends). Some campgrounds in the Selwyn area close in winter.
Park entry fees apply in winter on Link Road
June to October long weekends: $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day (24hrs).
See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass
Things to do (80)
- 4WD touring (3)
- Adventure sports (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (13)
- Educational activities (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Horse riding (5)
- Other experiences (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (10)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Show cave tours (6)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Snow sports (15)
- Swimming (6)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (35)
- Waterfalls (6)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)