Bungonia National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bungonia campground.
Getting there and parking
Bungonia campground is in the southern precinct of Bungonia National Park. To get there:
- From Bungonia follow Lookdown Road to the park entrance
- Register your intention at the campground office and check notices for any important updates
- After registering, drive past the park office and then take the first left
- Follow the road for approximately 500m to the campground entrance
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Bungonia campground, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bungonia National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
After the heat of summer has subsided, take advantage of the milder weather for hiking in the park.
Enjoy bushwalking in the comfortable temperatures of this time of year when the wildflowers are at their finest. Late in the season, the stands of brittle gum become extremely photogenic as their white trunks turn pink.
Deeper exploration of caves is possible when their carbon dioxide levels reduce in winter as the warm air from within rises and the caves ‘breathe'.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 26°C
1°C and 13°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are unmarked and suitable for caravans, camper trailers, campervans and tents. Sites are unpowered.
- There's a conference room available for hire, accommodating up to 30 people. It's equipped with a refrigerator, heater, table and chairs. To book, contact (02) 4887 7270.
- Rubbish and recycling bins are available at the entrance to the campground.
- Flush toilets
There is a communal camp kitchen with gas cooktops.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Filtered drinking water is available.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- There is ramp access to the camp kitchen and designated wheelchair-accessible parking.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Please be considerate of your fellow campers and keep the noise down after 10pm.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Campfires are not permitted at Bungonia campground.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Bungonia National Park in the Country NSW region
Bungonia National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to high fire danger, or park operations. It's a good idea to ring the office for current information.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Daily fees can be paid at the ticket machines at the park office.Buy annual pass