Murray Valley Regional Park
Book a camping stay at Bama campgrounds in Murray Valley Regional Park. Although only about 30mins from Moama, be prepared for remote camping.
Bama campgrounds are dotted along a 13km stretch of the Murray River. Access to the water is limited due to generally high banks, but all campgrounds have great river views. Choose from five campgrounds when you arrive:
- Curious campground
- Barbers campground
- Pump campground
- Watts campground
- Williams campground
Campground sizes range from 6 sites (Barbers and Watts) to 1 site (Williams). There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- Dogs and domestic pets are permitted everywhere in Murray Valley Regional Park, but they are prohibited in Murray Valley National Park.
- You can walk and camp with your dog in Murray Valley Regional Park however you will need to keep them on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them.
You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted. Off-road driving is not permitted.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Bama campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended and roads can be inaccessible when wet. RVs/motorhomes are not recommended in these campgrounds.
How to get there
- 9km east of Moama via Old Barmah Road.
- 9km south-west of Barmah (Victoria) via Barmah Road and Old Barmah Road.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley Regional Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)