Bald Rock campground and picnic area
Bald Rock National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Bald Rock campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Bald Rock campground is in the main visitor area Bald Rock National Park very close to Bald Rock. To get there:
- 29km north of Tenterfield on the sealed Mount Lindesay (Woodenbong) Road
- Access to the camping area and Bald Rock is via the sealed Bald Rock Road
- From Stanthorpe take the road to Amosfield, and then turn south towards Tenterfield along the Woodenbong Road.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Bald Rock campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bald Rock National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Clear crisp atmosphere at this time of year offers outstanding views from the top of Bald Rock.
Wildflowers and the mild temperatures make spring a fantastic time of year for long walks and camping out.
Good camping weather as the temperature rarely exceeds 30 degrees.
Frosts and rare snow flakes overnight, followed by brilliant blue skies overhead and crisp, fresh sunny days.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
25°C and 28°C
15°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Sites are not powered.
- There are no showers at this campground.
- There may be firewood at this campground, however it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Treat or boil water from this site before drinking.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty and will require assistance.
- in Bald Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Bald Rock National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass