Slippery Norris Cottage
Yerranderie Regional Park
All the practical information you need to know about Slippery Norris Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Slippery Norris Cottage is in Yerranderie Regional Park. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which turns into Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong-Oberon Historic Stock Route) and follow this unsealed road past Mount Werong campground.
- Continue all the way along the crest of Murruin Range to Yerranderie Private Town. Stay on the main track and follow the signs.
Slippery Norris Cottage is only accessible from the Oberon-Colong Historic Stock Route. There is no access from Sydney (Oakdale).
- Protected water catchment areas prevent any access via the Burragong Valley, Picton and Oakdale. This is to protect Sydney's water quality.
- Online maps and GPS navigation devices do not show the right directions. Make sure you program Oberon as your initial destination, then Yerranderie Private Town.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Slippery Norris Cottage.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 30°C
3°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Slippery Norris Cottage sleeps 4 people. Bedroom 1 has 1 double bed. Bedroom 2 has 1 king single double bunk bed.
- The kitchen has cooking utensils, cutlery, tableware, cookware, a fridge, kettle, gas hotplates, grill and oven.
- A wood heater is available in the dining area (firewood supplied).
- Towels, pillows and blankets are provided.
- There are no rubbish bins available, so you'll need to take all rubbish with you when you leave.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers