Mount Wood Shearers Quarters
Sturt National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Wood Shearers Quarters.
Getting there and parking
Mount Wood Shearers Quarters is in the south-east area of Sturt National Park: To get there:
- On entering Sturt National Park, Mount Wood Shearers Quarters is located near the intersection of Thomsons Creek and Gorge Loop Road, not far from the Homestead complex and Mount Wood campground
- It's approximately 30km east of Tibooburra
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
On-street parking is available in front of the accommodation and also a short walk from the accommodation.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Sturt National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time of year to visit when daytime temperatures are pleasant and night times not too chilly.
Depending on the rainfall the park's wildflowers, including the distinctive red Sturt Desert Pea will be on show throughout the park.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
22°C and 36°C
5°C and 17°C
August and September
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Bedding configuration: 8 bedrooms with 2 bunks per room.
- Large dining room and lounge room.
- Toilet and shower block.
- Please bring tea-towels as they are not provided.
- There is no mobile reception, public phones, or internet at this property
- Dam water is available, but you'll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
The kitchen includes a four-burner stove, oven, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle.
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
Maps and downloads
- These facilities are not wheelchair accessible
- in Sturt National Park in the Outback NSW region
Sturt National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass