Kinchega Shearers' Quarters
Kinchega National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kinchega Shearers' Quarters.
Getting there and parking
Kinchega Shearers Quarters is located 125km south-east of Broken Hill and around 15km from the township of Menindee. To get there:
- From the Broken Hill to Menindee Road, turn onto Tandou Road (Old Pooncarie Road) into Kinchega National Park.
- Turn left onto Woolshed Drive
- The Shearers Quarters are located 10km from the Woolshed Drive intersection
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at the Kinchega Shearers’ Quarters
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Kinchega National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
It's a great time for a camping trip when the weather is a bit cooler and the park is springing to life after the sleepy winter.
Cool off after a hot day of exploring in the park's rivers or lakes.
Throw in your line below Weir 32 on the Darling river – you might catch a golden perch. You'll need a current NSW recreational fishing licence though, and you must abide by bag limits and protected species fishing laws.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 34°C
5°C and 19°C
May and October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Kinchega Shearers Quarters has 6 bedrooms with shared facilities
- Bedding configuration: Rooms 1, 2, and 3 have two bunks and a trundle bed. Rooms 4, 5, and 6 have two bunks.
- Communal areas may be shared with other visitors and include a well-equipped kitchen, a dining room, lounge room with fireplace, laundry facilities and separate toilet and shower blocks.
- The kitchen includes a four-burner stove, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle. Kitchenware, cutlery, and crockery is provided.
- Air conditioning and heating is available in each bedroom and the lounge and dining areas.
- Bore water is available, but you'll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There's a self-service visitor centre onsite.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
A coin operated phone is available in the self-service Visitor Centre next door (open 24 hours).
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
There's a ramp to Room 1. The lounge room, kitchen, showers, and toilets are wheelchair accessible.
- in Kinchega National Park in the Outback NSW region
Kinchega National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has a pay and display envelope payment system - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass
Kinchega Visitor Centre
673 Woolshed Drive, Menindee NSW 2879
- Kinchega Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)