Terms and conditions for campgrounds and accommodation
These terms and conditions apply in relation to any reservation or booking made for or by You on any reservation system operated by the National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) (ABN 20 770 707 468). Reservations initiated through a 3rd party source may be subject to varied reservation terms and conditions.
Read more about Terms and conditions for campgrounds and accommodation
You and Your guests are required to comply with all applicable legislation whilst on lands managed by NPWS, including the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 and the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009. NPWS reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions from time to time. NPWS will notify You if You hold a future reservation which may be affected by any amendments to these terms and conditions. NPWS reserves the right to alter pricing at any time. Unless notified otherwise, reservation charges and cancellation terms will apply as sold at the time of booking.
NPWS, We, Us, Our: NPWS, which is part of the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
You, Your, User: The person nominated on the reservation.
Property: The campsite or accommodation managed by NPWS, or location on lands managed by NPWS, and referred to in the reservation.
You and Your guests must comply with these terms and conditions for the use of the Property.
NPWS allows the use of the Property for short term stays only. Any other proposed use of the Property, such as for an event or commercial purpose will require prior written approval from NPWS. On-selling of reservations is not permitted.
You and Your guests must physically occupy the Property. The Property may not be left unattended for more than 24 hours. Use contrary to the permitted will void Your reservation and no refund will be provided.
Check in and check out times
Check in and check out times must be adhered to. Additional charges may apply for check in or check out, other than the times specified.
National park use fees
The cost of Your reservation does not include fees such as but not limited to, vehicle entry fees or landing fees. Where fees apply, it is Your responsibility to ensure You have a valid pass for the duration of Your visit.
Find more information about passes and fees, call the National Parks Contact Centre or the local NPWS office for the Property You are visiting. If eligible, exemption cards must be obtained prior to entering fee-collecting parks.
Changes and cancellations by NPWS
Unforeseen park operational issues and management obligations including but not limited to extreme weather events, fire, natural disasters may mean that the reservation cannot be provided. NPWS will try to find an alternative date that suits You. If the alternative is not acceptable to You, the reservation will be cancelled and a full refund provided, including any booking fee paid. NPWS will not be liable for any other losses You may incur as a result of this cancellation.
Termination by NPWS
NPWS may terminate the reservation and ask You and Your guests to leave the park immediately if You or any guest or visitor at the Property during your stay:
- Breaches any legislation
- Breaches these terms and conditions
- Causes annoyance or nuisance to others; or
- Behaves unacceptably (including drunken or uncontrolled behaviour, offensive language, malicious or negligent use of facilities, theft or any other form of behaviour deemed inappropriate by NPWS).
No refund will be provided in these circumstances.
No refunds will be provided outside of the policy due to bad weather. If You have any concerns about whether Your chosen Property has been closed, please check the park alerts or call the National Parks Contact Centre.
Number of guests
The Property must be occupied by the person nominated on the reservation and only be occupied by no more than the number of people specified and paid for in Your reservation. NPWS reserves the right to charge for any additional occupants. Limits on the number of reservations accepted at a Property may also be enforced.
If there are additional occupants beyond the number specified in Your reservation, NPWS reserves the right to turn them away. No refund will be provided if a lesser number of occupants arrive to those paid for in Your reservation.
Unaccompanied minors and under 18 years old
You must be over the age of 18 to make a reservation. You may accompany guests under the age of 18 as the responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian or other adult who has parental rights and responsibilities.
If You are under the age of 18 or any of Your guests are found to be under the age of 18 and not accompanied by a responsible adult, NPWS reserves the right to immediately cancel Your reservation and no refund will be provided.
NSW National Parks are no smoking areas.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted on the Property. See the pets in parks policy for more information.
Any monies, valuables, goods or vehicles that belong to You which are brought into the Property remain Your responsibility. NPWS is not responsible for their safekeeping and will not replace damaged, lost or stolen items.
Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with Our Privacy Management Plan and Guidelines as amended from time to time.
You are responsible and liable for the actions of You and Your guests at the Property, for the duration of the reservation. You must ensure You and all Your guests comply with these terms and conditions, as well as any additional conditions specified on notices provided.
You and Your guests may be required to provide photo ID (including proof of age) to confirm Your reservation. If You are requested to provide photo ID and You are unable or unwilling to do so, Your reservation may be cancelled, no refund provided.
NPWS expects You to use the Property reasonably. NPWS reserves the right to invoice or charge additional fees if the Property is damaged, left in an unreasonable or unsatisfactory condition, and/or Property items are broken or lost.
Reservation terms and conditions
Property fees and charges
The Property fee will be charged in full at the time of reservation. The total fee charged will include an additional non-refundable booking fee which is a percentage of the Property fee.
Changes and cancellations by You
We strongly recommend You and Your guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance. You and Your guests should be satisfied that Your chosen insurance cover fully meets Your personal requirements especially in respect of inclement weather, personal injury or illness.
Fees incurred due to changes to Your reservation will be payable at the time of the change. Where changes result in a reduction of fees (excluding those identified as a result of a special offer), a percentage refund may be provided subject to the policy terms and timeframes below.
Changes and cancellations by You
- A 75% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if You change/cancel any part of the reservation 31 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
- A 50% refund (with the exception of the booking fee) will be made if You change/cancel any part of the reservation 15 to 30 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
- No refund will be made if You change/cancel any part of the reservation less than 14 days prior to the first day of the reservation or any time after.
- 0 to 14 days: No refund
- 15 to 30 days: 50% refund (less booking fee)
- 31 or more days: 75% refund (less booking fee)
All booking fees are non refundable.
Changes to dates (transfers) by You
- Date changes are not permitted for stays between 1 December to 31 January, in any year.
- At all other times, customers are entitled to transfer the dates of the original reservation once. Any subsequent transfer requests will be treated as cancellations.
- If a transferred reservation is then subsequently cancelled, the maximum refund available is 50% (despite the refund percentages provided above).
- If eligible, reservations can be transferred to a date within the time period of the booking window of the Property (subject to availability). All terms and conditions still apply, transfer terms are as follows:
- 0 to 14 days prior to the first day of the reservation: no transfer is permitted.
- 15 or more days prior to the first day of the reservation: one transfer is permitted.
- Customers must choose a date when transferring the reservation. If an alternate date is not known, the reservation will be cancelled as per the above cancellation terms.
- Reservations must be transferred in their entirety. Dates cannot be split into multiple reservations. There is no refund for any unused portion of the original reservation.
- Reservations cannot be transferred between properties.