Host an event
NSW national parks contain several unique and beautiful areas to stage events. Ranging from sporting competitions and cultural festivals to food and wine and privately run events such as wedding ceremonies.
Some examples of events that have been held in national park venues include:
- Product launch on one of the Sydney Harbour islands with a view of the Harbour Bridge.
- Mountain bike competition on the slopes of Kosciuszko National Park
- Music festival in the 19th century Trial Bay Gaol in Arakoon National Park
- Trail running festival in Blue Mountains National Park
There are two different application and assessment processes for events of under 150 participants and for events of over 150 participants.
Events under 150 Participants
The assessment and approval process for these events is managed by the relevant local park office. Examples of events under 150 participants include wedding ceremonies, private functions such as birthday parties as well as community sporting events.
How to apply
- Please get in touch with the relevant park office to discuss your event and the application process.
- Details of park offices are found by searching for the national park on the NPWS website. Please contact the NPWS Events Team if you are unsure who to contact.
- Download the application form and submit to the relevant park office.
- Fees will be charged depending on the size and location of your event.
Events over 150 participants
The assessment and approval process is managed by the centralised NSW National Parks Events Team. Examples of events over 150 participants include food and wine festivals, music festivals and concerts and major sporting events.
- Contact the NPWS Events Team if you wish to submit an application for your event.
- Applications should be received no later than 3 months before the proposed event date.
- Fees for sporting events are charged per participant. Additional charges include an application fee, supervision and precinct hire costs.
- Fees for venue hire are charged at a daily rate. Additional charges include an application fee and supervision costs.
For more information or to discuss your next event email the Events Team or call 02 9585 6570.