Host an event
NSW national parks host thousands of events each year, including weddings, private functions and sporting and cultural events. Events generally require a permit and our Events team are here to discuss your ideas and help you apply for permission.
You can search for the perfect wedding venue from more than 40 locations around New South Wales, including historic buildings, spectacular lookouts, beautiful beaches, and rainforest settings. Some of these venues can be booked online.
If you’d like to get married in a place that isn’t listed on our website, you’ll need to submit an application at least 15 days before your wedding.
Small private functions
A national park can be a great place for a birthday party or other private function. Use our venue search to find a range of options to inspire you. We have bookable picnic shelters, historic buildings and even an island on Sydney Harbour.
Generally, if your private (non-commercial) event is for fewer than 40 people, you don’t need permission. There are exceptions:
You must request permission for an event for more than:
- 20 people in Blue Mountains National Park, Bundjalung National Park, Dharug National Park, Kanangra-Boyd National Park, Tomaree National Park, Wallingat National Park, Willi Willi National Park, Wollemi National Park, Yengo National Park
- 30 in Hat Head National Park and Lane Cove National Park
- 15 in Marramarra National Park
- 12 in Gardens of Stone National Park and Mungo National Park
- 10 in Sturt National Park
Events for 40-150 people and sporting and commercial events
If you're planning an event for 40-150 people, or a sporting or commercial event, you'll need to submit an application at least 15 days before the event.
Events for more than 150 people
If you would like to hold an event for more than 150 people, please: