McKeown Valley walking track
Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
Take McKeown Valley walking track, or Healing Waters walk, to experience the Jenolan Caves area and surface karst features within Blue Mountains.
- Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
- 2.6km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The section of road into Jenolan Valley is one-way from 11.45am to 1.15pm every day to allow coaches to enter Jenolan safely. Take Oberon Road if you’re leaving Jenolan between these times.
For a bushwalk incorporating a scenic combination of karst features, diverse landscapes and abundant wildlife, you can’t go past McKeown Valley walking track.
This track, also known as Healing Waters walk, takes in a range of different settings, and leads you into the incredible Devil's Coach House cave, through the pretty McKeowns Valley, and onto the historic Old Playing Fields, where you can check out the old concrete cricket pitch.
As you follow this bushwalking track, you’ll see some amazing surface karst features, including a blind valley. You may want to stop at the campground at the end of the walk for a snack, or reward yourself with a terrace lunch at Caves House.
Plenty of wildlife can also be spotted on this easy walk around Jenolan Caves. Kangaroos, wallabies and lyrebirds are just some of the area’s daytime visitors, while an evening walk allows you to see and hear owls, sugargliders and possums.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The Jenolan environmental monitoring program, created in 2008, uses special sensory equipment to measure tiny variations in air and water quality at different sites around the karst environment of Jenolan Caves. While still allowing visitors to explore the caves, this allows scientists to protect geodiversity, ensuring conditions stay stable for future generations.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
This reserve is open every day from sunrise to sunset. Check the Jenolan Caves website for information about guided tours, restaurants and events.