Furber Steps-Scenic Railway walking track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Furber Steps-Scenic Railway walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Furber Steps-Scenic Railway walking track is in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Turn off the Great Western Highway at Katoomba
- Follow the signs the Scenic World, where the track starts
Park entry points
- Scenic World See on map
Parking is available at Scenic World or opposite Katoomba Falls Kiosk near Katoomba Caravan Park. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Nearest toilets are located near car parking areas
Picnic facilities are located at Cooks Crossing (at the base of Katoomba Falls).
Nearest water facilities are located near car parking areas
Maps and downloads
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785