Charles Darwin walk
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Charles Darwin walk.
Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Charles Darwin walk starts from Wilson Park in Wentworth Falls village, just outside Blue Mountains National Park.
To get there from Sydney:
- Drive along the Great Western Highway west, towards Katoomba
- At Wentworth Falls village, turn left at the traffic lights onto Falls Road, where there is signage for Wentworth Falls and the national park
- Wilson Park is on your left, immediately after the lights, or follow Falls Road to Wentworth Falls picnic area
Parking is available at Wilson Park, on Falls Road and in the national park at the Wentworth Falls picnic area carpark.
By public transport
Regular trains run from Sydney Central Station to Wentworth Falls. Charles Darwin walk begins in Wilson Park, 500m from the station.
Parking, picnic and toilet facilities are available at Wilson Park, on Falls Road, and in the national park at Wentworth Falls picnic area.
Maps and downloads
Charles Darwin walk is managed by Blue Mountains City Council. Pets and domestic animals are permitted on this track as far as the national park boundary.
- Blue Mountains City Council
- 02 4780 5000
- Echo Point Visitor Centre, Katoomba or Glenbrook Visitor Centre, Glenbrook