Bald Rock Summit walking track
Bald Rock National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bald Rock Summit walking track .
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Bald Rock Summit walking track begins from the main visitor area in Bald Rock National Park. To get there:
- Turn right at the northern end of town onto sealed Woodenbong Road. Continue for 29km, passing Boonoo Boonoo National Park and Boonoo Boonoo River.
- Follow the sealed Bald Rock Road for 5km to the campground and picnic area
- Take the road to Amosfield, then turn south towards Tenterfield along the unsealed section of Woodenbong Road.
- Crossing Mursons and Jenner Creek, continue past Bald Rock Bush Retreat and continue for 5km to the picnic area and campground.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bald Rock can be closed during extreme events such as flooding and bushfires.
Car and bus parking is available. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited then.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bald Rock National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Clear crisp atmosphere at this time of year offers outstanding views from the top of Bald Rock.
Wildflowers and the mild temperatures make spring a fantastic time of year for long walks and camping out.
Good camping weather as the temperature rarely exceeds 30 degrees.
Frosts and rare snow flakes overnight, followed by brilliant blue skies overhead and crisp, fresh sunny days.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
25°C and 28°C
15°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Bald Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Bald Rock National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass