Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre
Tweed Heads Historic Site
All the practical information you need to know about Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre.
Getting there and parking
Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre is at the main entrance of Tweed Heads Historic Site.
To get there:
- Turn onto Minjungbal Drive at South Tweed Heads from Pacific Highway
- Turn right into Kirkwood Road, near Tweed City Shopping Centre, then continue to the car park at the end of the road before it turns right into Davey Street.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Tweed Heads Historic Site. Here are some of the highlights.
Great time for walking, with less mosquitos and lots of butterflies to see. Look out for the vivid blues of the blue triangle or blue mangrove butterflies.
Get away from the holiday crowds, and instead enjoy walking along the boardwalk and learning about Aboriginal culture.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
18°C and 30°C
8°C and 22°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
- Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre
- Monday to Thursday, 10m to 3pm.
- 07 5524 2109
- 17 Kirkwood Road, Tweed Heads South NSW 2486
- in Tweed Heads Historic Site in the North Coast region
Tweed Heads Historic Site is always open, but Minjungbal Aboriginal Cultural Centre is open 10am-3pm Monday to Thursday.