Village Green picnic area
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
With picnic table, barbecues, mountain biking trails, an adventure playground and bushland setting, Village Green picnic area is ideal for families and large groups.
- Picnic areas
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
Bookings are required for groups of more than 40 people. Please contact the NPWS Newcastle office on (02) 4946 4100.
- Please note
- Walkers, cyclists and horse riders should remain on recognised tracks and trails as there are areas in the park that are subject to mine subsidence.
- Water is not available so you'll need to bring your own supply for drinking and cooking
- Dogs are permitted in this part of the park - you'll need to keep them on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them
Backyard not big enough? Why not use ours. At Village Green picnic area in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park, there’s plenty of parking, picnic shelters, barbecues and open space in a picturesque setting so everyone can enjoy their day. It’s perfect for big groups and the playground is only a short walk away.
If you feel like an easy walk, try the Heritage walking track that takes you on a short journey through woodland to explore the park's mining history. There is plenty of room for the kids to run around on the grass, and you can bring your dog along to join in the fun.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Newcastle office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4946 4100
- 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland NSW 2307
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.