Cattai Farm picnic area
Cattai National Park
Ideal for a picnic or barbecue, Cattai Farm picnic area is located close to historic sites on the Hawkesbury River banks. Visit for birdwatching and paddling.
- Picnic areas
- Cattai National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Picnic shelters can be booked in advance. To make a booking, phone: 02 4580 2700.
- Visitors are welcome to use the picnic shelters if they haven’t been booked
- Please note the park’s opening hours as gates are locked at closing time
You’ll find plenty to keep you occupied at picturesque Cattai Farm picnic area, located near Cattai campground.
There’s plenty of grass to lay out your picnic rug, or you can set up in one of the large picnic shelters if they are free. You can book one of the seven picnic shelters ahead of time – they make a great place for birthday parties, family celebrations and reunions.
When you’ve polished off your barbecue or picnic feast, there’s plenty to explore in this part of the park. It’s an easy walk to the historic homestead where you can take a peek into Australian history, and there’s great canoeing and fishing to be had along the Hawkesbury River – so remember to bring your canoe, kayak or rod. Plus, there is a tonne of room for children to run and ride around the picnic area. What more could you ask for on a family day out?
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4572 3100
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day (including motorbikes). The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring credit card or correct coins.Buy annual pass