Cattai Farm picnic area
Cattai National Park
Ideal for a picnic or barbecue, Cattai Farm picnic area is located close to historic sites on the Hawkesbury River banks. Visit for birdwatching and paddling.
- Picnic areas
- Cattai National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Picnic shelters can be booked in advance for a fee. Booking reservations must be made 4 or more day(s) in advance. To make a booking, phone the Scheyville office on 02 4580 2750 during office hours.
- Visitors are welcome to use the picnic shelters if they haven't been booked
- Please note the park's opening hours as gates are locked at closing time
You’ll find plenty to keep you occupied at picturesque Cattai Farm picnic area, located near Cattai campground.
There’s plenty of grass to lay out your picnic rug, or you can set up in one of the large picnic shelters if they are free. You can book one of the seven picnic shelters ahead of time – they make a great place for birthday parties, family celebrations and reunions.
When you’ve polished off your barbecue or picnic feast, there’s plenty to explore in this part of the park. It’s an easy walk to the historic homestead where you can take a peek into Australian history, and there’s great canoeing and fishing to be had along the Hawkesbury River – so remember to bring your canoe, kayak or rod. Plus, there is a tonne of room for children to run and ride around the picnic area. What more could you ask for on a family day out?
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Scheyville office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4580 2750
- 71 Memorial Drive, Scheyville 2756
- in Cattai National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Cattai National Park is open 8am to 6pm from May to August and 8am to 8pm from September to April. The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day (including motorbikes). Day passes are available from on-park pay machines that accept coins and credit cards, and you can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass
Things to do (90)
- Aboriginal culture (9)
- Adventure sports (2)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (15)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Cultural heritage (4)
- Cycling (9)
- Environmental appreciation/study (4)
- Fishing (3)
- Historic heritage (20)
- Horse riding (3)
- Other experiences (5)
- Picnics and barbecues (16)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (5)
- Sightseeing (22)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (52)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (8)