Gordon Falls lookout and picnic area
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Family-friendly Gordon Falls lookout and picnic area offers scenic valley views, birdwatching, walking and a playground, in Leura, near Blue Mountain National Park.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Gordon Falls picnic area is managed by Blue Mountains City Council and is located outside Blue Mountains National Park. The lookout is within the national park.
- For more information visit the council's visitor centres at Echo Point, Katoomba or on Great Western Highway at Glenbrook.
- For council reserve and walking track closures visit the council website. Please report any incidents or issues at the picnic area to the council.
Gordon Falls lookout and picnic area is a popular spot for a family day-trip, offering sweeping views, excellent birdwatching, a playground for the kids, and bushwalks into the national park.
From the lookout, the waterfall plunges over a 200m drop. Gaze across to the impressive views of Mount Solitary and Kings Tableland. While taking in the magnificent panorama, look to the skies for peregrine falcons, circling high on valley thermals. Closer to ground, lyrebirds are often seen foraging in the forest litter.
Grab the camera for some family snaps to add to the photo album, before enjoying a relaxing picnic. If you’re keen to stretch your legs, there’s no shortage of walks including Lyrebird Dell - Pool of Siloam. Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
- Blue Mountains City Council
- 02 4780 5000
- Echo Point Visitor Centre, Katoomba or Glenbrook Visitor Centre, Glenbrook
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.