Gordon Falls lookout and picnic area
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Family-friendly Gordon Falls lookout and picnic area offers waterfall and valley views, a great playground for the kids, and plenty of nearby walking tracks, in Leura, near Blue Mountain National Park.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for closures at the picnic area and playground.
- For more information visit the council's visitor centres at Echo Point, Katoomba or on the Great Western Highway at Glenbrook.
Gordon Falls picnic area and playground are managed by Blue Mountains City Council and are located outside Blue Mountains National Park.
This is a popular spot for a family day-trip, offering sweeping views, excellent birdwatching, a playground for the kids, and bushwalks. From the picnic area, a short track leads into the national park to the lookout, with its beautiful views of Gordon Falls waterfall plunging 200m into the valley.
Gaze across to the impressive views of Mount Solitary and Kings Tableland. While taking in the magnificent panorama, look to the skies for peregrine falcons, circling high on valley thermals. Closer to ground, lyrebirds are often seen foraging in the forest litter.
Grab the camera for some family snaps to add to the photo album, before enjoying a relaxing picnic. If you’re keen to stretch your legs, there’s no shortage of walks including Lyrebird Dell - Pool of Siloam. Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
- Blue Mountains City Council
- 02 4780 5000
- Echo Point Visitor Centre, Katoomba or Glenbrook Visitor Centre, Glenbrook
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (137)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (7)
- Adventure sports (16)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (14)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (13)
- Environmental appreciation/study (5)
- Historic heritage (13)
- Other experiences (9)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (13)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (68)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (74)
- Waterfalls (39)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (8)