Corn Trail walking track
Monga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Corn Trail walking track.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Corn Trail walking track is in the northern precinct of Monga National Park. To get there:
• Take the River Forest Road off the Kings Highway, approximately 20 km south east of Braidwood
• Take the first left, approximately 200m after entering the park
• Follow this road 400m to arrive at Dasyurus picnic area, where the walking track starts.
• The track finishes at the Lower Corn Trail Carpark. This carpark allows you to do a car shuffle prior to starting the walk. Access this carpark via the Misty Mountain and No Name Mountain Roads. This carpark is a 40 minute drive one way from the Kings Highway.
Park entry points
Check the weather before you set out as the roads to the carparks at both ends of the trail can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at Dasyurus Picnic area, where the walking track starts.
Lower Corn Trail carpark provides parking at the bottom end of the track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Monga National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is a great time to take Corn Trail walking track. Take in the sweet perfumes of the plumwood trees in flower at Penance Grove.
See the distinctive bright red colour of the Monga waratah in flower along the banks of Mongarlowe River.
Enjoy the cool temperatures in the rainforest and discover its natural wonders on Penance Grove walking track.
Embark on the historic Corn Trail walking track and experience the diverse natural landscapes of Monga.
There are no facilities available along Corn Trail walking track however gas barbecues and toilets are available at Mongarlowe Picnic Area
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Narooma office
- Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 4476 0800
- 9 Burrawang Street, Cnr Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2456