Yarrangobilly Castle Cave tour
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
Find out the underground secrets of Castle Cave with a trusty head torch and guide by your side. It's one of the Yarrangobilly Caves in Kosciuszko National Park.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 6 years and over. Average fitness required. The Castle Cave entrance is a 1.6km walk from the carpark.
Adult/child $46 per person (limited spaces available).
- Entry fees
A $4 site fee applies for vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day entry pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
- Meeting point
- Buy your tickets at Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre at least 30 mins before your tour starts. Then drive 100m to the South Glory carpark. Meet your guide at the ticket box on the road above the carpark or at the Castle Cave entrance, depending on your tour time.
- Bookings required, call Yarrangobilly Caves on 02 6454 9597. Full payment required at time of booking. No refunds possible. Spaces are limited.
- Available on request for private bookings, on-site guests, birthday parties and group excursions.
Do you have a sense of adventure? On this exciting 2.5 to 3-hr tour of Castle Cave, you'll get to view one of the unlit caves rarely seen by visitors to Yarrangobilly Caves. One of the more remote caves, Castle Cave was developed in the 1900s. After a 30-min hike up the Yarrangobilly Valley, you'll be given helmets and lights. Led by an experienced NPWS guide, you'll discover the cave's magnificent formations. These include a vast array of speleothems, from formations like King Solomons Temple, to delicate straws and helicities. After exploring the magic of Castle Cave, head off for a swim at the thermal pool. It's a pleasant 27 degrees celsius all year round.
There's no crawling involved on this cave tour, and helmets and head lights are provided. It's a good idea to wear sturdy, enclosed shoes and bring a jacket, even in the warmest weather.
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass