WilderQuest Make a boomerang
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
Head to Blue Gum Hills Regional Park for this great school holidays activity. An Aboriginal NPWS guide will show you how to make your own boomerang and find bush foods. For kids 4 years and up.
Thursday 16 January 2020, 10am to 12pm
- Village Green picnic area, Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Easy. Suitable for children 4 years and over. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Child $15 per person. Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- NPWS carpark, nearby Village Green picnic area, off Minmi Road
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Join an Aboriginal NPWS guide for a morning of culture and art at Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in Minmi. You'll get to make and decorate your very own boomerang to take home. You'll also discover all the bush foods that can be found in the local area.
Make sure you wear a hat, sunscreen and sturdy shoes. You'll also want to bring drinking water and a hat. There will be around 1km of walking during this activity.
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.