Walk to Bujwa Bay
Muogamarra Nature Reserve
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Take a guided 7km walk through Muogamarra Nature Reserve, right on Sydney's doorstep, and enjoy the brilliant display of plants and wildflowers.
Wednesday 19 April 2023, 9am to 1pm
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 15 years and over. A good level of fitness is required. There are some hilly sections.
Adult $20 per person. Concession (Student, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders) $15 per person. Child (15 to 17 years) $15 per person. Family (2 adults, 2 children) $60.
- Meeting point
- Cowan Oval, Bujwa Bay Road, Cowan.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Explore the diversity of plants and animal life on the southern side Muogamarra Nature Reserve. This 7km guided morning bushwalk is a rare opportunity to visit the area. It’s usually closed to the public to protect its fragile ecosystems.
Walk downhill from Cowan Oval through dry, ridge-top heathland and into cool, shaded rainforest areas. You’ll see waratahs, majestic angophoras, old-man banksias, pink boronias and delicate native orchids. Birdwatchers might glimpse a soaring wedge-tail eagle or an iconic lyrebird.
You’ll then arrive at Bujwa Bay and visit the site of the old boatshed and house. Your experienced National Parks and Wildlife guide will tell you about the rich history of the area. Enjoy a break for morning tea while you take in the stunning views over Berowra Creek.
Bring at least 1 litre of drinking water and morning tea. It’s a good idea to wear comfortable, enclosed shoes and bring a hat, sunscreen and all-weather clothing.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Muogamarra Nature Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Muogamarra Nature Reserve is open to the public from 9am to 4.30pm for 6 weeks around August and September each year. The reserve is closed to the public at other times to protect sensitive natural and cultural heritage values.
Things to do (89)
- Aboriginal culture (21)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Cafes and kiosks (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (7)
- Cultural heritage (4)
- Cycling (7)
- Environmental appreciation/study (2)
- Fishing (6)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (12)
- Horse riding (3)
- Other experiences (2)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (11)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (8)
- Sightseeing (32)
- Swimming (3)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (55)
- Waterfalls (6)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (12)