Shelly Beach bush tucker tour
Sea Acres National Park
Take a walk to Shelly Beach in Sea Acres National Park on this Aboriginal ranger-guided activity. Discover bush tucker and medicine in the rainforest as you learn about Birpai culture.
Thursday 7 January, Thursday 14 January and Thursday 21 January 2021, 12.30pm to 2pm.
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre, Sea Acres National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for all ages. We’ll walk 3km during this activity.
Adult $18 per person. Child $10 per person. Families (2 adults and 2 children) $45.
- Meeting point
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Join an Aboriginal guide on this special cultural activity near Port Macquarie and celebrate Sea Acres' connection to Birpai culture.
We'll start at Sea Acres Rainforest Centre before following Shelly Beach Road to Shelly Beach. Along the way, we'll stroll through lush coastal rainforest rich in bush tucker and medicine plants, if you know what you're looking for.
You'll discover how Birpai People lived in harmony with their environment through sustainable use of rainforest resources. You'll also learn more about local culture and language.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Sea Acres National Park in the North Coast region
Sea Acres National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.