River Odyssey adventure caving tour
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
All tours and events are closed due to the current fire situation. Re-opening dates will be confirmed after February 2020. Are you up for a challenge? River Odyssey is a great introduction to the adventure of wild caving. You don't have to be experienced to take part. See Yarrangobilly Caves in a whole new way.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over.
Adult $150 per person. Child $95 per person.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Meet your guide at the Caves House ticket box (not the visitor centre).
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online. Private group bookings available, phone 02 6454 9597 or email Yarrangobilly Caves.
- Please note
This is a physically demanding activity. Participants' physical fitness is assessed after booking. If customers can't meet the demands of the tour, a full refund will be issued
This 4km adventure tour includes climbs and slides, squeezes, water-filled passages and river rock-hopping.
After donning overalls, helmet and head lamp, you'll get a safety briefing and prepare for the physical and mental challenge ahead. Look carefully and you'll see some fine crystal, but this tour isn't about cave decorations. It's an adventure for those with no previous wild caving experience. Our experienced guides will mentor you all the way.
Wear thermals or tight-fitting clothing, and boots with sufficient grip. Bring warm and dry clothing, and socks and shoes to change into after the tour.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass