Mungo walk the Walls of China tour
Mungo National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
When you visit Mungo National Park, take a tour to the Walls of China guided by an NPWS Aboriginal ranger. It's one of the most spectacular outback landscapes in NSW.
Tours run most days. Dates and times are displayed when making an online booking.
Tour takes 2 hours. Meet behind Mungo Visitor Centre 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for all ages. You'll walk 2.5km.
- Adult $50 per person. Concession/Pensioners $35 per person (on sighting of concession card). Child (5–16 years) $35 per person. Children under 5 free. Family $135 for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Entry fees
$8 per day for standard vehicles. $10 per mini bus (up to 8 seats). $15 per mini coach per day (less than 22 seats). $30 per coach per day (22-24 seats). $40 per coach per day (greater than 44 seats).
- Meeting point
- At the back of Mungo Visitor Centre.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online.
- Available on request.
Walk with an experienced NPWS Aboriginal Discovery guide back in time on the famous Walls of China. These sites have immense cultural significance. You’ll learn about the 40,000-plus years of Aboriginal cultural history of Lake Mungo and the Traditional Owners. You'll also hear about about Willandra Lakes.
You’ll be welcomed to Country and engage in a cultural experience unique to the Mungo landscape, offered by Aboriginal NPWS guides. You’ll follow the NPWS service vehicle to the Walls of China carpark in your own vehicle. Access to the Walls of China is by guided tour only.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass