Mullet Creek rail tunnels walk
Brisbane Water National Park
This challenging 14km guided adventure through Brisbane Water National Park is a must for keen walkers. With great views from Mount Wondabyne, you'll also learn about the Woy Woy rail tunnel.
Saturday 12 October 2019, 8am to 3pm
- Brisbane Water National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for people 15 years and over. This walk is recommended for experienced bushwalkers. There will be some challenging terrain.
Adult $7 per person. Senior/child $5 per person.
- Meeting point
- Start of Tunnel fire trail
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, lunch, snacks, sturdy shoes, sunscreen
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
On this exploration of picturesque Brisbane Water National Park, we'll investigate two rail tunnels at the end of Mullet Creek. Learn all about the construction of the main Woy Woy rail tunnel. You'll also get to see the site where a town was established for workers on the tunnel.
With spectacular views of the area from Mount Wondabyne, you won't want to miss this captivating guided walk. We'll walk around 14km over 6.5 hours. You'll want to wear sunscreen and a hat and bring water, snacks and lunch.
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy a pass