Macquarie Marshes wetland walk
Macquarie Marshes Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Macquarie Marshes wetland walk.
Getting there and parking
- Head north on Carinda Road until you pass the Gibson Way turnoff.
- Travel for approximately 22.5km until you reach Halls Block trail.
- Look for a set of double gates on the right and an NPWS sign (the NPWS sign does not stand out though).
- If you get to Burrima, you’ve gone too far.
- Drive east on Carinda Road for 17km.
- Turn left to stay on Carinda Road.
- Travel for approximately 32.5km until you reach Halls Block trail.
- Look for a set of double gates on the left and an NPWS sign (the NPWS sign does not stand out though) after you pass Burrima.
From the east (Coonamble, Coonabarabran):
- If you take Gibson Way, you'll have to cross a causeway which can be deeper than 40cm. 4WDs with good clearance are recommended. If you’re unsure, it’s best to go via Warren or Carinda.
- If you do take Gibson Way, continue across the causeway, then turn right onto Carinda Road.
- Travel approximately 22.5km until you reach Halls Block trail.
Parking is available at the meeting point.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access