Macquarie Marshes wetland walk
Macquarie Marshes Nature Reserve
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Wade and walk through vibrant wetlands during this rare opportunity to experience the Macquarie Marshes Nature Reserve up close.
- Saturday 24 September, Monday 26 September and Wednesday 28 September 2022, 9.30am to 12pm.
- Macquarie Marshes Nature Reserve in Outback NSW, Country NSW
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 8 years and over. You’ll walk 1km, including wading through water and mud.
- Adult $30 per person. Concession (Student, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders) $20 per person. Child (8-17 years) $15 per person. Family (2 adults, 2 children) $75.
- Meeting point
- Start of Halls Block trail, Carinda Road
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
With good water flows throughout 2022, the Marshes are flourishing. On this special tour you’ll have access to areas of wild wetland that are usually closed to the public.
Your experienced Nationals Parks guide will lead you through a variety of habitat types. Learn about the different types of plants and animals that make this area so special. The wetlands are an important waterbird breeding area and is a vital home to all sorts of fauna.
You’ll also gain insight into the cultural value and history of the reserve and how water is managed to keep the beautiful marshes alive.
Packing the right gear is important when you visit the wetlands. Please wear long pants, a long-sleeved shirt and appropriate shoes for wading through water and mud. Old joggers are a good option. Don’t forget to bring a change of dry clothes and shoes.
You should also bring a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, at least 1 litre of drinking water and snacks for the day. You can also bring a camera and binoculars if you have them.
It’s a good idea to check the road conditions before you set off as some roads are unsealed and include a causeway crossing. The tour will be cancelled if road conditions are too wet.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service