Leaping lizards: Blackheath
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
Do you love lizards? Join in the reptile fun at Blackheath in Blue Mountains National Park. You’ll get to explore their habitat and find out how you can help to protect our reptiles.
Tuesday 9 and 16 January and Monday 22 January 2024, 10am to 12pm. Meet at 9.45am.
- Easy. Suitable for children aged 6 to 10 years. You'll walk less than 1km.
Child (6-10 years) $20 per person. Accompanying adult free.
- Meeting point
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, Blackheath
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
If you’re keen to know more about reptiles, join our ranger for some reptile-related fun! Learn all about these amazing creatures - find out where they sleep and what they eat. We’ll take a guided walk to try and spot some hidden creatures along the track. Come along to find out how you can protect reptiles in your own backyard.
You’ll also get to make your own little critter to take home afterwards.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.