Leaping lizards: Blackheath
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Do you love lizards? Join in the reptile fun at Blackheath in Blue Mountains National Park. You’ll get to explore their habitat and find out how you can help to protect our reptiles.
Thursday 6 July and Thursday 13 July 2023, 10am to 12pm. Meet at 9.45am.
- Easy. Suitable for children aged 6 to 10 years. You'll walk less than 1km.
Child (6-10 years) $20 per person. Accompanying adult free.
- Meeting point
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, Blackheath
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
If you’re keen to know more about reptiles, join our ranger for some reptile-related fun! Learn all about these amazing creatures - find out where they sleep and what they eat. We’ll take a guided walk to try and spot some hidden creatures along the track. Come along to find out how you can protect reptiles in your own backyard.
You’ll also get to make your own little critter to take home afterwards.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (136)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Adventure sports (19)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (12)
- Environmental appreciation/study (5)
- Historic heritage (13)
- Other experiences (9)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (12)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Show cave tours (1)
- Sightseeing (68)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (74)
- Waterfalls (38)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (8)