Kosciuszko mountaineering and ice climbing course
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Challenge yourself on this guided winter course with the qualified instructors of Allie Pepper Adventures. It’s a great way to broaden your horizons in the world of mountaineering and backcountry survival.
- Contact Allie Pepper Adventures for schedule.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. High level of fitness required.
- Contact Allie Pepper Adventures for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Allie Pepper Adventures on 0410 318 249.
- Please note
- Course participants must be able to carry a 20-25kg backpack.
These small-group winter courses are led by highly experienced guides from the company founded by mountaineer and adventurer Allie Pepper. Held in the high country of Kosciuszko National Park, they’re a great way to gain backcountry experience or train for that overseas mountain climb you’ve been dreaming about.
With your instructor from Allie Pepper Adventures, snowshoe past snow gums into winter wilderness and learn how to set up a snow camp. Wake up in your tent to a glittering white world of snow and get ready for an exciting new day of alpine adventure. At Blue Lake, Australia's mountaineering training ground, you’ll learn mountaineering and backcountry survival. Spend your days climbing steep snow gullies, swinging ice axes and kicking crampons into waterfall ice.
Allie Pepper Adventures is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass
Things to do (124)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (18)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (8)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (14)
- Horse riding (5)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (22)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Show cave tours (6)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Snow sports (27)
- Swimming (8)
- Visitor centres (5)
- Walking (51)
- Waterfalls (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (14)