Junior ranger: Navigation adventure at Blackheath
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Become a junior ranger this school holidays, on this fun orienteering tour at Blackheath. You'll learn some useful navigation skills along the way.
Wednesday 6 July and Thursday 14 July 2022, 10am to 1pm. Meet at 9.45am.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, Blackheath area
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Recommended for children 10 to 14 years old. We’ll go on a short hike with some stairs and uneven ground.
Child $20 per person. Adults free.
- Meeting point
- Blackheath Heritage Centre
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Come along on this 2hr exploratory adventure at the heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park.
Walking alongside an NPWS Discovery Ranger, you'll navigate the picturesque Grose Wilderness, while learning some important bushwalking skills, like how to read a map and how to use a compass.
Once we've mastered the basics, your ranger will put your skills to the test.
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.