Junior ranger: Navigation adventure at Blackheath
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Become a junior ranger this school holidays, on this fun orienteering tour at Blackheath. You'll learn some useful navigation skills along the way.
Thursday 13 April and Monday 17 April 2023, 10am to 12pm. Meet at 9.45am.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Recommended for children 8 to 14 years old. We’ll go on a short hike with some stairs and uneven ground.
Child $20 per person. Adults free.
- Meeting point
- Blackheath Heritage Centre
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Come along on this 2hr exploratory adventure at the heritage-listed Blue Mountains National Park.
Walking alongside an NPWS Discovery Ranger, you'll navigate the picturesque Grose Wilderness, while learning some important bushwalking skills, like how to read a map and how to use a compass.
Once we've mastered the basics, your ranger will put your skills to the test.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (136)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Adventure sports (19)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (12)
- Environmental appreciation/study (5)
- Historic heritage (13)
- Other experiences (9)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (12)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Show cave tours (1)
- Sightseeing (68)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (74)
- Waterfalls (38)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (8)