International student tour: Land, water, fire
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Explore both natural and human causes of environmental change in Blue Mountains National Park. Gain a deeper understanding of how these issues challenge sustainability now and into the future.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- Time suggested
- Medium. From April to October, it’s a good idea to bring wet weather gear, a beanie, gloves and warm jacket.
Cost is based per ranger, with a maximum 20 students per ranger. Surcharges apply on weekends and public holidays. Teachers and escorts free.
- Meeting point
- Wentworth Falls picnic area (end of Falls Road) or other location depending on tour
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, suitable clothing, snacks, drinking water
- Bookings required. Phone (02) 4784 7300 or email Blue Mountains Discovery Coordinator.
- Available on request, 7 days per week. Minimum group booking 10 students. Maximum 100 people.
- Please note
Suitable for international study tour groups: high school and university students
From using fire as a management tool to monitoring important waterways, explore the rich complexity of Blue Mountains National Park. You'll learn how NPWS deals with the threat of pest species and maintains popular walking tracks. We investigate the issues of how to sustainably manage a World Heritage-listed site that's one of the most visited areas in Australia. Get an in-depth understanding of the interaction and connection between people, places and the environment. Develop an appreciation for these very special landscapes on this short but informative tour. Staged at several key areas in the Blue Mountains, you can choose your preferred location. Pick from Wentworth Falls, The Three Sisters at Echo Point, or another location of your choosing.
Wear sturdy enclosed shoes and practical walking clothes. Remember to pack extra water, lunch, snacks, a hat and sunscreen.
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.