Guided Aboriginal heritage tours at Mutawintji
Mutawintji National Park
Explore one of the best collections of Aboriginal art in NSW on this day tour of Mutawintji National Park. Accompanied by one of the passionate guides of Tri State Safaris, you'll visit some of the country’s most sacred sites in a timeless outback landscape.
- Contact Tri State Safaris for tour schedule.
- Mutawintji National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Contact Tri State Safaris for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Tri State Safaris on 1300 679 688.
- Please note
- Whenever possible, Tri State Safaris tours are carried out with Aboriginal guides trained and accredited by the Local Aboriginal Land Council.
Getting there is part of this exciting outback adventure with Tri State Safaris. From Broken Hill travel to Mutawintji National Park through the Barrier Ranges and red sand country, passing gorges, desert and vast shrublands that stretch to the horizon. Along the way, stop to enjoy a refreshing morning tea in the shade of majestic gum trees.
At Mutawintji Historic Site your guides will lead you through a spectacular landscape to ancient places of Aboriginal ceremonies and initiations. You'll also hear Dreamtime stories about the area’s culture and mythology. After breaking for a hearty lunch, set out on a bushwalk to explore remarkable Aboriginal rock engravings and stencils. This area is also home to fascinating remains of ancient fireplaces and toolmaking.
Tri State Safaris is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Mutawintji National Park in the Outback NSW region
Mutawintji National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.