Figure Eight Pools coastal adventure tour
Royal National Park
If you're looking for a tour that includes hiking, swimming and stunning scenery in Royal National Park, then this is for you. Taking a guided tour is a safe and fun way to see Figure Eight Pools.
There are 3 different full and half-day tour options which depart Sydney to suit tide times. Tours are 7h to 9h 30min long. Visit the Barefoot Downunder website to find out more.
Tours operate during low tide, low swell and in safe and calm ocean conditions, and are available only on certain days. Please contact Barefoot Downunder for dates.
- Figure Eight Pools, Royal National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and teens, 12 to 60 years. The hike to Figure Eight Pools takes over 3 hours return and includes changing terrain, some steep sections and walking across rocks. Medium to high level of fitness required. If over 60 years, you must be an experienced hiker.
- Tours start from Student/child $108 per person and Adult $118 per person. Contact Barefoot Downunder for group or family rates. Park entry fee included in ticket price.
- Meeting point
- Pick up from location near Central Station.
- Bookings required. Email Barefoot Downunder or book online.
- Please note
- Tours will only operate if it safe to do so, during low tide, low swell and safe ocean conditions.
Barefoot Downunder will take you on an eco-friendly adventure to Figure Eight Pools in Royal National Park. Meet new friends, spot local wildlife and take some great Instagram photos on the way.
The trip includes:
- Pick up from Sydney
- Guided hike along The Coast Track to Figure Eight Pools led by our fun and experienced guide
- Swim and cool off at Figure Eight Pools
- Picnic lunch at Garie Beach
- Swim, relax and explore at Wattamolla Lagoon and beach
- Visit to Bald Hill lookout at Stanwell Tops.
At the end of the day there'll be drinks back in Sydney at a local travellers bar, when the tour finishes near Central railway station.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass