Bush alive: The buzz on bees
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Buzz along to the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre in Blackheath these school holidays and learn about our wonderful native bees.
Tuesday 4 July and Monday 10 July 2023, 10am to 12pm. Meet at 9.45am.
- Easy. Recommended for children 7 to 11 years.
- Child (7-11 years) $20 per person. Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Join a NSW National Parks guide for a fun, hands-on session and explore the world of Australia’s friendly native bees.
We’ll take a short walk outside to see what evidence of bees we can find. Discover where these little pollinators live, what they eat and why they’re so important.
You’ll even get the chance to build your own mini Bee Hotel. Take it home and find out what types of native bees are living in your garden. And of course, you’ll get to sample some delicious honey.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (136)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Adventure sports (19)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (12)
- Environmental appreciation/study (5)
- Historic heritage (13)
- Other experiences (9)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (12)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Show cave tours (1)
- Sightseeing (68)
- Swimming (4)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (74)
- Waterfalls (38)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (8)