Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place tours
Brisbane Water National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
You must be fully vaccinated to book this tour or event. Proof of vaccination will be required on the day, before the tour or event commences.
Discover the ancient wisdom behind the rock engravings at the Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place on a tour with Darkinjung Tours. You’ll hear Dreaming Stories and learn about Aboriginal culture in Brisbane Water National Park.
Contact Darkinjung Tours for a tour schedule.
- Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place, Brisbane Water National Park
- Easy. A basic level of fitness is required for this tour.
Contact Darkinjung Tours for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Darkinjung Tours on 02 4351 2930. Bookings available on request.
Hear the creation story of the Aboriginal People and view the image of the Great Creator God Baiyami on a guided tour with Darkinjung Tours.
You’ll visit the Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place in Brisbane Water National Park and hear about Baiyami’s journey from the Mirrabooka (Milky Way) to earth. Learn how Baiyami created everything, including humankind, and discover the ancient wisdom behind these engravings that date back to between 7,000 and 20,000 years.
Through Dreaming Stories, you’ll get a unique insight into how significant and sacred this place is in Aboriginal culture.
Darkinjung Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass