Birding for beginners in Royal National Park
Royal National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Share the joy of birdwatching with a likeminded group of people on a beginners’ birding workshop with Malimbe Safaris. You'll get more familiar with Australia’s unique birdlife in Royal National Park.
Contact Malimbe Safaris for a workshop schedule.
- No wheelchair access
Contact Malimbe Safaris for pricing.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Binoculars, bottled water, snacks, hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Malimbe Safaris on 0478 560 999. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- People of all ages with an interest in birds are welcome to join this workshop.
- Meals not included. You can buy meals at the nearby café before and after the workshop.
- Groups are capped at a maximum of 8 people to ensure you have a pleasant experience.
- Malimbe Safaris also offers full-day birding tours in Royal National Park
Explore the beauty and diversity of Australia’s birdlife on a beginners' birding workshop with Malimbe Safaris in Royal National Park. Just an hour south of Sydney, it’s the perfect way to get more familiar with our native species and improve your birding skills.
As you journey through rainforest, eucalypt forest and coastal scrub, keep your eyes peeled for some of the 300 bird species found in the park. You may spot superb lyrebirds, satin bowerbirds, rockwarblers and crimson rosellas amongst many other species during your visit.
Throughout the workshop, your expert guides will share tips on how to identify birds and find birds across various habitats. You’ll learn about the life histories of birds and what makes Australia’s birdlife so unique.
Malimbe Safaris is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass