Aboriginal games for kids: Blackheath
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Looking for a fun-filled kids’ activity these school holidays? Learn to play a range of Aboriginal games at the Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, near Blackheath.
Tuesday 3, Monday 9, Wednesday 18 and Tuesday 24 January 2023. 10am to 12pm. Meet at 9.45am.
- Easy. Recommended for children 7 to 11 years.
- Child (7 to 11 years) $20 per person. Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Come along to the Blue Mountains National Park and learn to play the games Aboriginal children have enjoyed for thousands of years. An experienced NPWS Aboriginal guide will teach your kids games from across Country.
There’ll be an activity to suit everyone. Your children will flex their problem-solving skills in puzzle challenges, hone their coordination in ball games and practise working together in team sports.
They’ll even get to make their own Aboriginal game using natural materials to take it home to share with family and friends.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.