4x4 adventure in Watagans National Park
Watagans National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Take a 4x4 adventure with Detourist through Watagans National Park and explore parts of nature not often experienced by other people.
- Contact Detourist for tour dates and times.
- Watagans National Park in North Coast
- No wheelchair access
- Contact Detourist for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- Enclosed footwear must be worn on this tour.
- Drinking water is provided but please bring your own lunch and snacks.
Explore the road less travelled on this all-day 4x4 tour with adventure company Detourist in Watagans National Park. Only one hour from Newcastle, you’ll travel off-road through breathtaking wilderness that feels a million miles away from the city.
There’ll be lots of opportunities to stretch your legs along the way, including a guided bushwalk through mystical terrain. Keep an eye out for lyrebirds, yellow-tailed black cockatoos and wombats, as well as a range of stunning wildflowers.
Eat your packed lunch in the bush before stopping at three marvellous lookouts on the way back. Don’t forget your camera to snap photos of the breathtaking views.
Detourist is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Watagans National Park in the North Coast region
Watagans National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather, roads closures or high fire danger.