12-day autumn garden tours of Monaro
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Experience the beauty of Australia’s high country on a 12-day tour with Ross Garden Tours. Take in the spectacular gardens of Canberra and Monaro, before arriving in Bright, Victoria for the autumn festival.
- This tour runs during autumn. Contact Ross Garden Tours for a tour schedule.
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. A basic level of fitness is required for this tour.
Contact Ross Garden Tours for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price includes park entry fee.
- Meeting point
- Tours depart from the coach terminal at Central Station in Sydney.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Ross Garden Tours on 1300 233 200.
- Please note
Breakfast is included daily. 6 lunches and 6 dinners are also included across the 12-day tour.
Embark on a 12-day adventure with Ross Garden Tours and experience the beauty of autumn in Australia’s high country. Departing from Sydney, your friendly guides will take you via Canberra through to the spectacular Monaro high country at the foothills of the Snowy Mountains.
Step back in time at Hazeldean, a huge pastoral property with a homestead and outbuildings that date back to the late 19th century. Continue to explore this fascinating area with a visit to Monaro’s cold-climate country gardens, developed by generations of local pioneering families.
After a restful night spent in deluxe accommodation, you’ll journey through alpine valleys to Victoria’s scenic north-east. Discover historic gold-rush towns, celebrate Bright’s Autumn Festival and enjoy a gourmet farewell dinner before making the return trip back to Sydney.
Ross Garden Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass
Things to do (127)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Adventure sports (6)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (18)
- Educational activities (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (8)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (14)
- Horse riding (5)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (22)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (6)
- Show cave tours (6)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Snow sports (27)
- Swimming (8)
- Visitor centres (5)
- Walking (54)
- Waterfalls (9)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (15)