NYE North Head
Sydney Harbour National Park
See out the old year and welcome in 2020 at North Head in Manly. You'll have great views of Sydney Harbour and the city skyline. Far from the city, it's a relaxed place to celebrate with the family.
Tuesday 31 December 2019. Gates open at 5.30pm and close at 12.20am on Wednesday 1 January 2020.
- North Head, Sydney Harbour National Park
- Meeting point
- North Head is located on North Head Scenic Drive, off Darley Road in Manly.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, suitable clothing, raincoat, sturdy shoes
- Bookings not required.
- Please note
- North Head is an alcohol-free zone and bag searches will be conducted as you enter the park.
- The fireworks viewing area is 600m from the gate along a sealed road.
- For general questions about this event, phone NSW National Parks on 1300 072 757.
- Capacity: 2000 people
North Head is on the northern-most edge of Sydney Harbour National Park. It's a peaceful, alcohol-free zone on New Year's Eve, away from the hectic city crowds.
Bring a picnic, spread out the rug and enjoy a quieter Sydney celebration at North Head. You'll have panoramic views of the Sydney Harbour fireworks.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy a pass