Guy Fawkes 50th anniversary walk and talk
Guy Fawkes River National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Put on your walking shoes for this special 7km anniversary event to celebrate 50 years of Guy Fawkes River National Park. Learn about the rich biodiversity and history of this spectacular area.
Sunday 9 October 2022, 10am to 12pm.
- Lucifers Thumb lookout, Guy Fawkes River National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children 12 years and above. Children must be accompanied by an adult. The walk to the waterfall is a fairly level, easy walk for young children. Children must be supervised as there are steep cliffs.
- Meeting point
- Under the main sign at Chaelundi campground
- Bookings required. Email or phone the Glen Innes office on 02 6739 0700.
We'll start our exploration at Chaelundi campground, before walking out to the stunning Lucifers Thumb lookout. As we follow the scenic Escarpment walk to Chaelundi Falls, you'll take in amazing views of the falls tumbling down into the valley.
As we continue a little further along the track, we'll arrive to Lucifers Thumb, a finger of rock that spreads out into the gorge. After enjoying breathtaking 180-degree views out over the park and Guy Fawkes River, we'll turn return to the campground.
Please remember to bring drinking water, a hat, suitable clothing and sunscreen.
- Glen Innes office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6739 0700
- 68 Church Street, Glen Innes NSW 2370
- in Guy Fawkes River National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Guy Fawkes River National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.