Bald Rock 50th anniversary guided tour
Bald Rock National Park
Don't miss this great event to celebrate 50 years of Bald Rock National Park. Learn about the rich biodiversity and history of this spectacular area.
Saturday 3 July 2021
- 2pm: Meet at Bald Rock picnic area
- 2.30pm: Walks begin
- 4pm: Afternoon tea
- 5pm: Event ends
- Bald Rock campground and picnic area
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Meeting point
- Bald Rock picnic area carpark
- Bookings are essential. Each walk is limited to 30 people. Email or phone the Tenterfield office on 02 6736 4298.
- Please note
You can choose from 2 walks:
- Bald Rock summit walk is a hard, rockface walk: 3.1km return
- Bungoona walk is a medium walk with some challenging areas: 3.3km return
Come and celebrate the 50th anniversary of Bald Rock National Park. Choose between 2 guided walks that highlight the beauty of this unique landscape.
If you're in for some adventure, the Bald Rock summit walk is for you. This steep walking track will take you to the top of the largest granite dome in the southern hemisphere. At the summit, you'll be rewarded with views of this iconic rock formation silhouetted against the expansive panorama below.
The other guided walk will lead you along Bungoona walking track and gradually climbs through granite boulders and gum trees. Enjoy the rich biodiversity of the park and learn about the significance and history of the area.
The event will end at Bald Rock picnic area with a celebratory afternoon tea, including a cake to mark the special occasion.
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Bald Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Bald Rock National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass