Art in the park: Awabakal
Awabakal Nature Reserve
Get creative with Aboriginal painting techniques in Awabakal Nature Reserve, near Newcastle. Fun for kids and adults alike, you'll also listen to stories and take home your artwork.
Tuesday 7 January 2020, 10am to 12pm.
- Awabakal Nature Reserve
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children 4 years and over.
Adult $10 per person. Child $8 per person.
- Meeting point
- End of Ocean Street, Dudley
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Join an Aboriginal NPWS guide for some art in the park these school holidays. Learn traditional painting techniques and listen to the stories of a practising Aboriginal artist. Be inspired by how plants, animals and earth intertwine and bring significance to his artwork.
You'll get to discover the hidden treasures Awabakal Nature Reserve has to offer, as well as taking home your artwork as a memory of the day.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831