School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 6 (Years 11-12), Geography, Budderoo National Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
Rainforest interactions is a Stage 6 (Years 11-12) school excursion in Budderoo National Park which focuses on geography as a KLA. You'll undertake a geographical investigation of biophysical processes and their interactions at Minnamurra Rainforest. Students learn how an understanding of these factors is needed for sustainable management.
Read more about Rainforest interactions
Geography: Biophysical interactions.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 6 (Years 11-12)|
P2. Describes the interactions between the four components which define the biophysical environment.
P3. Explains how a specific environment functions in terms of biophysical factors.
P9. Uses maps, graphs and statistics, photographs and fieldwork to conduct geographical inquiries.
Weekdays during school terms. Different length programs are available on consultation.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
- 2-5 hr
- Easy. Fieldwork beside river along the rainforest path.
From $500 per group for up to 25 students, $20 per student (includes GST)
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre.
- Yes. Worksheet masters, pre-activity and post-activity resources. Additional references will be provided on booking.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- 02 4236 0469
- 02 4236 0393
- Budderoo National Park, Minnamurra Falls Road (Tourist Drive No.9), via Jamberoo NSW 2533
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass